We are a family with three 'wee winkles' exploring the pleasures and perils of educating at home using Scripture, Montessori and a lot of love!

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Cherry's practical life

It's a little bit trickier with the smaller one of the bunch but Cherry is almost seventeen months and is responsible for getting her own shoes when we are to leave the house and putting them away again. She gets her own hat when playing outside and will happily partake in 'clean up' time dutifully singing her version of the clean up song that I made up.
I gave Cherry her own bowl and spoon at fifteen months and within the month she was feeding herself completely independently. She has a turn brushing her teeth once I have finished and 'combs her hair' in the mornings and after a bath.
She has just started pulling a chair into the kitchen when Lamb is in there helping me with something so I guess she will soon be mixing along with her brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment