We are a family with three 'wee winkles' exploring the pleasures and perils of educating at home using Scripture, Montessori and a lot of love!

Monday 16 January 2012

Calendar

Last year I made a little board with the days of the week and months of the year on it in English and French for us to familiarise ourselves with.
It worked well but very quickly so that Lamb tired of it.

When I saw the idea for this interactive calendar at counting coconuts I knew it would be great for us.

So here is our version...
Again we have the months of the year and days of the week in English and French (I recycled the cards), we do the weather each day and I popped some season pictures up.
What the children really love is the popsicle sticks with 'today', 'tomorrow' and 'yesterday' on them. I am hoping it will help them not to get so mixed up about when things happened! 
The date on the monthly calendar can obviously change each month as I just pull out the push pins and rearrange the laminated numbers and for a marker for the day, I took an old key ring, wrapped it in embroidery cotton and attached a button (I happened to have little red stars in my sewing kit)
Voila! And so far they love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment